Country Development Support – Arabic Markets – Part-time (20 hours / week)
Country Development - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Country Development Support – Arabic Markets
Are you a results-driven team player looking for a position at a globally recognized hotel search? Our Country Development team is searching for a focused and collaborative Arabic speaker to support all operations involving Arabic speaking & writing skills. In this role, you will be a key stakeholder in all trivago areas cooperating with Country Development on topics related to the Arabic speaking markets.
What you'll do:
- Translate company material such as PR material, or stories for our Room5 blog and help communicating with external stakeholders in a market-appropriate language and tone.
- Conduct market research ie. What payment methods are used in the market? How are our competitors acting in this market?
- Document all findings in a structured way using our internal Knowledge program, for future consideration and training.
- Seek to challenge and improve workflows by seeking opportunities for smoother operations.
- Work continuously on establishing opportunities for automation. As this role is very operational, your goal should be to proactively find ways to reduce the repetition and improve processes.
- Quality Assurance testing of our platforms, and bug reports.
What you'll definitely need:
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic.
- To speak English (our company language) at an advanced level.
- A focused and autonomous mindset that allows you to see many tasks through to completion.
- To be highly approachable and collaborative, as you will be communicating with a lot of different stakeholders.
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we'd love you to have:
- 1+ years’ work experience in Translation/editing, Business Development, Project Management or Online Marketing, preferably in an online environment.
- An educational background in Translation, Journalism, Media & Communication or a similar, role-relevant field.
- Good MS Excel skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Market-Research best practices.
Application info:Instead of writing a letter of motivation, we would like to ask you to answer the following questions and upload them as a pdf file with your CV. Please answer all questions in English and make sure to stick to the provided word limit.
1) How would your best friend describe you? (max. 150 words)
2) Why do you think you are a perfect match for trivago? (max. 150 words)
3) What changes did you implement at your most recent position? (max. 150 words)
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a 6 months fixed-term position.
- You are required to work 20 hours a week (part time).
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.